We Did It!!

The Falcons finally won a playoff game!!  The game was a rollercoaster ride, but we had so much fun.  My dad went with us and we'll all be heading back next Sunday for the NFC Championship!  Fingers crossed that we can beat up on San Francisco---they will be a tough team to beat.  What an emotional day for Atlanta!  The crowd was so loud and crazy during the whole game.  Seeing Tony Gonzalez cry at the end was so wonderful!  I loved watching Arthur Blank kiss Matt Bryant after he made the game winning field goal.  The whole day was so much fun, but I wish Atlanta would not make us worry down till the last second every time!!

Here is a picture of all the Rise Up flags waving at kickoff.  So great to see all that red in the Dome!!
We did have some Seattle fans sitting right in front of us, so the victory was even sweeter after listening to them think they had the game won!  Apparently I cheered so hard that I ended up with a bruise on the palm of my hand!  Crazy!  And I did get hit in the head with a beer bottle right as we scored that all important field goal, but it was OK because we had just won!!  People were beyond excited!

So far, my exercise is going good!  I am currently doing three programs at home: Couch 2 5K (9 weeks), Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (90 days), and Step 360 (90 days).  I am enjoying all three.  I'm happy to say that my knee is holding up through the running.  I am now in Week 2 of my running program.  The KT tape seems to be working.  It has stayed on for over a week so far.  I'm planning on changing out my tape tonight because it is getting a little raggedy.  And, I really love the Step 360.  It is a great workout and really good for my joints.  I highly recommend this product!

I've been doing a little more cooking off of Pinterest again!  Today I made roasted chick peas and they are yummy!  All you do is take a 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans. 

Drain and rinse them well.
In a bowl, mix with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 Tbsp olive oil.  Mix together and place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  Shake the peas around and cook for 15 more minutes.  Enjoy!

I also am making skinny chicken enchiladas and skinny Mexican rice for dinner tonight.  We will see how those taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment